The incidents of sudden cardiac arrest, breathing shortness, and other related problems have recently become common in different areas of the United States. Moreover, SCA incidents lead to brain damage or death if the victims do not get immediate relief from their underlying problem.
PALM DESERT – Main Office
73700 Dinah Shore Drive, Suite 107,
Palm Desert, CA 92211
Here comes the role of first responders to impart CPR and give temporary relief until the arrival of an ambulance at the incident site. However, imparting CPR or BLS is not an easy task. Instead, individuals have to undergo CPR or BLS Certification from any Heartcode or AHA accredited institute.
Overview of Heartcode BLS Program
Heartcode BLS program is a type of web-based and self-paced instructional program available for healthcare professionals and bystanders. The program uses e-simulation technology to let candidates assess and treat cardiac arrest patients in every virtual healthcare center. Moreover, the program allows candidates to apply their skills to sound decision-making in real-time.
At the same time, instructors of BLS or CPR Classes offer coaching and debriefing sessions immediately after every simulation to allow further learning. A few institutes also adopt the blended learning method to impart training to their candidates.
Here, blended learning refers to the combination of e-learning and hands-on training sessions. Accordingly, a candidate completes the course self-direct way and later, goes through a session of hands-on skills.
Duration and Right Candidate for the Program
As mentioned before, BLS or CPR Certification Online consists of two parts i.e. online sessions and hands-on skill sessions. Accordingly, the duration of the program consists of the following-
- An online program consists of only 1.5 hours in a day
- On the other hand, hands-on skill sessions conducted under a Heartcode instructor consists of 2 hours session in a day. During this session, you will learn to operate different first aid kits, including the operation of an AED.
Now, the question is who searches for BLS Certification near me to look for institutes offering basic life support? For this, we should say that the program is for every healthcare professional who wants to stay ahead in the medical/healthcare sector. In other words, the certification is vital to impart life support skills in pre-hospital and hospital settings. Moreover, the program is for every person willing to learn to perform CPR and basic life support to handle cardiovascular problems.
Learning Objectives of the BLS Program and its Certification
After you complete both online training and hands-on session associated with Heartcode or American Heart Association BLS, you will know-
- The steps related to the Chains of Survival
- Appropriate ways to perform high-quality CPR in infants, adults, and children
- Application of an Automatic External Defibrillators
- Role of team dynamics in any multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Treatment of any special consideration in cardiopulmonary resuscitation or basic life support
- Once you complete the program, you will learn to relieve any external body airway, obstruction for a child, an adult, or an infant
Therefore, the BLS course and its certification program save the life of sudden cardiac arrest victims in out-of-hospital settings.